What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies perform various tasks (including remembering your preferences) and are an important part of improving your experience of our website.
Our website may also use other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. Those technologies also collect information that assists us in improving our services, use of our website, advertising and customer communications.
Types of Cookies
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don’t get asked the same information you’ve already given to the site. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device, and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
- Third party cookies: cookies from companies such as Google or Facebook, which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
Our Cookie Usage
- Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and use of its features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information on how users use our website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services.
- Targeting cookies. These are cookies that are used to deliver content that best suits you and your interests. It can be used for targeted advertising / offers, limiting ad serving or measuring the effectiveness of a promotional campaign.
- Customization Cookies. These cookies are used to remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customise to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However if you want to refuse or delete them, please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies (e.g. Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari). Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.